“Tempe” shares treats with mom
ALERT: It is important the peanut butter you use is natural and that there is NO XYLITOL in the ingredients as it is deadly to dogs/pets.
1 medium Yam (or 4 medium carrots)
1/2 c. Peanut Butter
1/2 c. Liquid from cooked yam/carrots
2 c. Gluten free baking flour (likes “Red Mill” baking flour)
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 drop YLEO Frankincense
2 drops YLEO Orange
– Or –
2 drops YLEO Spearmint
1. Simmer yam/carrots in small pan (with just enough water to cover yam/carrots) until soft…keep liquid and set aside.
2. Mash yam/carrots and add 1/2 c. of liquid.
3. Add peanut butter and mix thoroughly.
4. Mix dry ingredients together, then add to yam/carrot mixture.
5. Add liquid/flour to make consistency ok for rolling…then roll to 1/4” thick.
6. Use bone/heart cookie cutters (because dogs like their treats in fun shapes!)
7. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
(can take up to 30 minutes if cookies are large)
These are delicious so she usually doubles this recipe. And suggests to make sure you test one… or two… !!